It is important to check your oral health from time to time as this plays a big role in your overall health. For some people it is impossible to believe that bad oral health can sometimes lead to dangerous health hazards as dementia, stroke, Alzheimer’s and many more such diseases. It is difficult to believe that your mouth is home to numerous bacteria and eliminating it by following good oral hygiene is essential. You should also visit your dentist after every few months to keep a track of your dental problems.
Here are few dental problems that you must keep a tab on:
- Bad Breath: Halitosis or bad breath is the most embarrassing and annoying problem that most people face before tooth decay. There are many reasons that can lead to bad breath such as gingivitis (gum disease), dry mouth, cavities or bacteria in the mouth. Sometimes you can tackle this problem at home by brushing teeth least twice a day, flossing, cleaning your tongue every day and using some good mouth wash.
- Mouth sores: Many of us bear mouth sores at some stage of life but they generally disappear without taking much care. Cold sores, canker sores, thrush, fever blisters and ulcers are some type of mouth sores that vanish with time.
- Tooth Decay: When we think of dental problems, tooth decay comes at second place especially among children. It generally occurs when the food we eat, comes in contact with the plaque on your teeth. The combination of these two turns into acid that is very harmful for the tooth enamel. Tooth decay can be prevented by avoiding sugary items and sodas. Eating healthy food is the key to healthy teeth.
- Gum Diseases: Periodontal disease also known as gum disease or gingivitis is a very common problem of teeth and can lead to even a stroke and heart attack. It is actually an infection of gums and it can be solved with the help of a good dentist. People, who live in Australia, can take the help of MGA Dental Emergency dental service in the Gold Coast & Brisbane.
- Erosion of Teeth: Acid that damages the enamel of the teeth can result in the erosion of teeth making them brittle and weak. You can come to know of this problem when you feel some sensitivity in your teeth while drinking hot or cold beverages. If not taken care, it can turn into a serious problem as cracking of the tooth.
- Oral Cancer: This is the most dangerous condition which is difficult to fight and cure. More than a million cases of oral cancer are registered all over the world. It is said that a person dies every hour due to oral cancer only in USA. Throat, lip and mouth cancer come into oral cancer category. Oral cancer can be treated if detected at an earlier stage.
There are other dental problems also such as teeth grinding, teeth sensitivity, and pale teeth. Pale teeth may not be considered as health problem but it surely is a reason for an unattractive smile.